About Sled Hockey
Sled Hockey is an action packed sport similar to Ice Hockey with a couple of differences. First, players sit in a “sled” with 2 blades. Second, players have 2 smaller hockey sticks, one in each hand. One end has a pick on it to help pushing around the ice. The other end has the blade for stickhandling, passing and shooting.
Indy Sled Hockey
Indy Sled Hockey welcomes children between the ages of 5 and 18 and welcomes adults of all ages. Participants can choose to play recreational or competitive hockey.
- Season: October 12th to March 28th.
- Practices: Most Saturdays from 11:00am to 12:00pm
- Home Rink: Pop Weaver Youth Pavilion at the Indiana State Fairgrounds ( 1202 E 38th St, Indianapolis, IN 46205 )
- Cost: Recreational: $100; Competitive/Travel: $200.00 includes:
- Sled and stick rental
- USA Hockey Registration
- Competitive: games
- Competitive: National Sled Hockey Tournament March 27th – 29th (Registration and hotel)
Interested in giving sled hockey a try?
Guests are welcome to attend an practice to experience sled hockey. All equipment is provided and players can spend as much or as little time as they’d like on the ice. We’ll do our best to give 1-1 coaching guidance regarding skating, stickhandling and shooting.
The first practice of every month is an open house. Join us for practice and stick around afterward to meet the players, enjoy some food, and get all of your questions answered.